Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Marriage Blessing

Well since it's 12:17 a.m. EST, it's official.  Today, George and I have been married for 25 years.  How blessed I am to have found such a wonderful life partner -- my friend, my soul mate, my lifelong love.

We've had ups and downs in 25 years together.  Who hasn't.  But we've stuck through them all and have grown closer every day. To be sure, there were rough patches.  I didn't think our marriage would survive after the death of our only child. But, miraculously, it did and today, we are as happy together as we have ever been. 

Although the gray hair is really showing these days, I think I'll keep him. A newer model would be far too much work and not nearly as much fun.

We had the joyous occasion of celebrating our anniversary a bit early late in October/early in November with an incredible two week adventure in the bush in Africa. Many thanks to Danielle and Pieter, camp managers at Jacana Camp in the Okavango Delta in Botswana, the camp staff and our guide, Brooks Kamanakao for planning such a wonderful marriage blessing ceremony for us. It was an experience we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

And thanks, too, to our friends, Angelique, Marlies, Bernhard, and Martha Camadini, who grabbed our video camera for us and started shooting. Thank you, Martha.  My editing job is not nearly as precise and lovely as yours. Maybe with practice I'll get better, but thank you for capturing the moment.

Pula Pula!

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful -- congratulations!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rose and Jim. Here's hoping for a blessed 2011.

    ReplyDelete